13TH ANNUAL BENEFIT
FOR BREAST CANCER
Notice of Race
PINK RIBBON REGATTA
November 11, 2017
Organized by the:
Lake Pontchartrain Women’s Sailing Association
To benefit the
Louisiana Breast and Cervical Health Program
1.1 This regatta will be governed by the Rules as defined by the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the Gulf Yachting Association PHRF bylaws, this notice, the NOYC General Sailing Instructions, and any posted notice to competitors.
1.2 RRS 40 is changed to require competitors to wear a US Coast Guard Approved, suitable use designation, life jacket or personal flotation device (PFD) with an attached whistle while on the water.
1.3 RRS 44.1 is changed to require a one-turn penalty.
1.4 The Sailing Instructions may change other Rules.
- Eligibility — Open to everyone with a sailboat. The LPWSA invites all sailors to participate in this regatta. The fleets will consist of one-design, PHRF spinnaker, PHRF non-spinnaker and cruising divisions. No yacht club affiliation is required. Sailboats must be in a one-design class, or have a valid GYA PHRF rating or will be assigned one. Cruising class boats shall have a fixed propeller, roller furling headsail, and no spinnaker. One-design classes must have a minimum of three boats.
3.1 Friday evening and Saturday morning at NOYC as shown on the schedule below.
3.2 Earn extra benefit PHRF rating with early registration!
September 1 — Registration opens on Regatta Network, regattanetwork.com.
Sept 10–20 = nine seconds, Sept. 21–30 = six seconds, Oct. 1–5 = three seconds
- Fees – Entry fee is $50.00
The entry fee includes: continental breakfast before the race and a LPWSA Goody bag.
- Schedule (Note: all events will be held at the New Orleans Yacht Club – NOYC)
Friday, November 10, 2017
1800 – 2000 Registration and benefit ratings purchase – Skipper’s Meeting
Saturday, November 11, 2017
0900 – 1000 Registration and benefit ratings purchase. Mimosas, Pink Drink special and continental breakfast!
0945 Competitors’ Meeting at the NOYC Upper Level Bar Area
1130 Warning signal for first class
Following the racing: Silent auction opens. Party with food, cash bar, live music and entertainment!
- Sailing Instructions — Sailing instructions will be available at the LPWSA registration table no later than 0900 Saturday, November 11. They may be posted earlier on Regatta Network and the NOYC/SYC websites: regattanetwork.com, www.noyc.org, and www.syc.org.
- Venue Racing will be on the South Shore of Lake Pontchartrain; using NOYC and/or SYC temporary and/or fixed marks.
- Courses to be Sailed – Will be described in the Sailing Instructions and at the Skippers Meeting on Friday, November 10, 2017.
- Scoring and benefit rating
9.1 The low-point scoring system of RRS Appendix A2 will be used, except that there will be no throw-outs.
9.2 One race is required to constitute a regatta.
9.3 Additionally, participants shall be able “boost” their boat’s PHRF by purchasing or earning time in three second increments. Participants shall also be able to “hit” any other boat’s rating as well in three second increments. One-designs can likewise “boost” or “hit” in five second finish time increments. Purchasing time is not restricted to boat owners. Crew and spectators are encouraged to fund raise and purchase time as well. In addition, there will be a list of non-cash ratings adjustments available before registration.
9.4 Rating bands — PHRF Class breaks and scratch sheets will be posted at the Competitors’ Meeting.
10.1 Awards provided by LPWSA will be awarded at the discretion of the organizing authority.
10.2 An awards ceremony will take place at the NOYC after racing Saturday, November 11, 2017. There will also be an after party with food, live music, and an auction to raise funds for the Louisiana Breast and Cervical Health Program.
- Disclaimer of Liability: Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. Neither the organizing authority nor the host organization will accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta, and any and all events associated with it. Participants further agree to abide by the RRS and all other rules that govern this event and the host club. Payment of the Entry Fee acknowledges agreement and consent to this paragraph.
- Contact information
For additional information please contact:
2017 PRR Committee Members Tina Griffith or Rorie Junius
- Supplemental Information:
13.1 Check-in, registration will be located inside the NOYC near the bar area and back doors.
13.2 This is a fun-filled sailing regatta benefitting the Louisiana Breast and Cervical Health Program (LBCHP). The event is sponsored by the Lake Pontchartrain Women’s Sailing Association (LPWSA) and funds raised will go to the Louisiana Breast and Cervical Health Program (LBCHP). The mission of LBCHP “is to prevent unnecessary disease, disability, and premature death by providing quality breast and cervical cancer screenings at no cost to uninsured and underinsured, lower-income women in Louisiana.” This is a fun day on and off the water and all for a good cause! Bring your friends and family and enjoy racing on Lake Pontchartrain!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.