We’re pleased to announce new changes that take effect immediately with the molding of the first 2010 model J/100 in the coming weeks.
1) NEW BOW SPRIT OPTION – a J/95-style hidden bowsprit housing with molded removable cover, plus retractable carbon sprit to provide a sizable increase in spinnaker area and a big boost in downwind performance. Note for current J/100 owners – we plan to make the bow sprit package available as a refit option.
2) NEW standard J Boats customized Forte tapered carbon fiber mast (will meet one-design specs).
3) NEW standard foredeck anchor locker for convenient anchor, fender and dockline storage.
4) NEW standard white foredeck toe-rail with clean hull/deck joint aft (like J/122) with option for full-length toe-rail in teak or white.
5) CCF Composites molded hull, deck and bulkheads, vacuum infused to FCS laminate specifications in CCF’s state of the art facility in Bristol, RI
The J/100 continues to stir the soul of nearly everyone who sails and sees her. This beauty has brought families back sailing together, former sailors out of powerboat retirement and has even revitalized some who thought they had lost their need for speed. It’s a boat that’s ahead of its time as well as ahead of the curve (baby boom), meaning there will be more people than ever in the coming years whose sailing life-cycle will become aligned with the J/100.
The new 2010 model is designed to accelerate the curve even quicker!