Many have asked whether it was possible to combine the expansive cruising capabilities of shoal-draft cruising boats with legendary J/Boats offshore performance. Why not have it all if modern technology permits one to design a boat that can cruise the Bahamas Banks, the shoals of the Keys and the long, beautiful estuaries of the Chesapeake or the eastern/western shores of England or secluded coves around the world where deep draft boats don’t dare tread.
The new J/108 offers everything one could want in a shoal water capable, 35′ performance cruising yacht – a full cruising interior, standing headroom, simplified sail handling, large cockpit, and legendary J performance. The J/108 opens up a new world for sailors who previously thought that sea-kindly, high performing yachts were only possible in deep draft configurations. With only 3.9′ (1.19m) draft with board up, the J/108 draws less than a J/24 and can take you many more places in style and comfort.
J/108 builds on the success of the award winning J/95 and has evolved from the combined experience and knowledge of the J network of dealers, builders and nearly 370 J/109 owners who have short-handed, cruised, and raced their boats around the globe. The J/109 has been one of the most successful performance cruiser-racers in the world. Using the sea-kindly hull shape of her predecessor, J/108 benefits from recent developments in keel and rudder design, simplified handling systems, and the knowledge-base of the J/95.
While the concept of “shoal draft performance” may seem ambitious, the delicate balance of hull design, windward performance, off-the-wind speed, and cruising comfort are achievable in a shoal-draft sailboat. The first of J’s “Shoal Performance” designs, the J/95, has been widely acclaimed by knowledgeable yachting magazine experts as a “breakthrough” in shoal-draft performance. The J/95 was the sailing industry’s first “Triple Crown” Winner– garnering SAIL Magazine’s “Performance” Boat Award, SAILING WORLD Magazine’s “Performance” Boat Award and CRUISING WORLD Magazine’s “Day Sailing” Boat Award.
• High performance sailing with minimal draft.
• Offshore-capable 35 foot cruising yacht you can moor/dock in front of your home.
• Keel/centerboard system providing both shallow and deep water performance.
• The unique ability to sail upwind in minimal draft configuration (with board up).
• Twin Rudders with responsive wheel steering – fingertip control.
• Fixed sprit for 2nd furling headsail and integral anchor roller for easy anchoring.
• Large, ergonomic cockpit with floor mounted traveler and open transom – with optional cockpit shower, dock box, everything for coastal living.
• Single-handed ease of operation with primary sail controls within reach of the wheel.
OUR SAIL INVENTORY – OUR POWER INVENTORY – Go to our Blog – Go to our Facebook Page – www.MurrayYachtSales.com – Go to Our J/Boats Page – Go to Our Beneteau Page – Go to Our Eagle PH Page – www.MurrayYachtSales.com