Finot-Conq is the designer for the NEW Oceanis 38, Oceanis 41 and Oceanis 45.
The Oceanis 41 and 45 offer more space and comfort while preserving the great sailing characteristics of the range. Designed by naval architects Finot- Conq and Associates the boats have a sleek low profile cabin with long coachroof windows. Essential elements that characterize the Oceanis range such as a large cockpit securely enclosed by an athwartship helmsman’s bench, pure and stretched lines and good performance still exist. Major highlights of these new Oceanis include a luminous interior plus an ingenious full width, electrically operated transom enclosure that provides easy access to the sea. This new feature, which is normally only seen on Super Yachts, incorporates the aft bathing platform opening by remote control. Multiple layout options are available for the salon and the Dock & Go joystick control maneuvering system is also offered as an available option on the 41 and 45.
· Thanks to the use of a mainsail arch, it is easier to enter the companionway, with a gentle 45° incline instead of the usual steep 60°.
· The long coachroof windows enable you to take advantage of bright natural lighting.
· To increase the size of the interior without sacrificing the size of the cockpit, Beneteau has reexamined the open transom feature. The new Oceanis keeps the protective feature of a closed cockpit while sailing, with its large helmsman’s seat; and yet opens widely to the sea at anchor like no other.
· The continuous chine over the full length of the hull brings 2 major benefits in terms of comfort: A greater berth width in the forward cabin and also a wider deck.
· The chine not only offers more space inside, but it also maximizes stability at high heeling angles, which enables high-performance sailing at a moderate heel.
· The mast was brought back to 47% from the bow. “A mast in the middle of the boat primarily achieves good mailsail/genoa balances, with little overlap, which gives the sails high aspect ratios but also makes the genoas easier to tack. Since we no longer need much overlap we can put the chain-plates on the deck line, which gets rid of the usual chainplate stay bolts inside and simplifies the structure. ” Said designers Jean-Marie Finot and Pascal Conq.
Click to learn more about the new Oceanis 41 and Oceanis 45:
Click for our Brokerage
Click the logo for our New Sailboat Listings
Murray Yacht Sales is your Gulf Coast Platinum Beneteau Dealer and has been serving the Gulf Coast Boating Community since 1974