|draft||Std 6.32′ / Shoal 5.08′|
Photo Credit : Gilles Martin-Raget
BENETEAU is launching the new FIRST 30, designed by the talented Juan Kouyoumdjian, well known for his contributions in the America’s Cup and the Volvo Ocean Race. The new FIRST 30 by Beneteau combines the best of both worlds, Beneteau comfort and First performance.
The First 30 is a performance boat with a high level of comfort for cruising due to the layout being conceived in collaboration with the interior design firm Nauta Design.
The interior features the basic framework with two improvements:
– the forward cabin has a double door for privacy yet still an open feeling
– the salon table is forward of the mast post thanks to the aft positioning of the mast
Also worth noting are bulkhead recesses built into the bottom of the forward cabin lockers and at the front of the salon seating which allow full length providing good settee berths.
An aft cabin and generous head compartment with shower complete the accommodations.
Woodwork is light oak tinted Alpi retaining the FIRST rich attributes, such as solid wood moldings on the chart table and galley.
On deck the boat is fitted with an anchor well for coastal cruising, a dedicated liferaft locker in the cockpit benches and a large storage locker with area for the stove gas bottle.
A 20HP Yanmar diesel with sail drive and folding propeller is also standard.
Don’t be deceived by the all the comfort, as the new FIRST 30 includes the best innovations developed by Juan K’s vast racing experience. What is revolutionary in a production 30 is the set back position of the mast, reflecting the Volvo 70’s and Open 60’s. To this there are several benefits:
– large easy to handle genoas without overlap
– flexibility in the interior layout with centralized weight concentration
– absence of backstay with the mast controlled by the 25° angle of the upper spreaders and the main sheet at the end of the boom with a track on the transom beam
Other Performance innovations include:
– A deep draft T-shaped keel for the lowest possible center of gravity and optimization of the longitudinal trim
– 1 single tiller activating the two rudders fixed to the transom for maximum efficiency and minimum drag
– The maximum beam moved aft towards the twin rudders for control under any condition
– Deck gear with 4 winches and all control lines brought back to the cockpit, with optional symmetric or asymmetric spinnaker gear available
Flat Top Main