|location||Introduced in 2007|
J/122E – A Dual Purpose Winner
Under construction now at the J/Europe factory in France, and scheduled for display at the 2006 Paris International Boat Show in early December, the new J/122 is 40’ of sailing versatility. Like her famous stablemates, the J/109 and J/133, the J/122 promises to be an IRC-friendly racer/cruiser with competitive performance, a simple and balanced sail plan, great looks, high quality SCRIMP construction as well as complete accommodations. Several of her key features include:
– A generous rig with 108% LP headsail and below deck jib furling.
– Carbon fiber bow sprit and A-sail for short-handed performance ease.
– Low VCG 7.2’ (2.2m) keel with swept leading edge for short-handed stability.
– Low maintenance deck configuration with minimized use of wood, large protected cockpit with long seats and high backrests combined with floor mounted mainsail traveler, below-deck mainsheet system, and large diameter wheel steering for comfortable daysailing.
– Choice of three cabin/single head or two cabin/two head interior layout with full headroom for live-aboard cruising, complete galley, proper navigation station, opening ports for ventilation and plenty of storage.
– Removable dock box at transom for easy race/cruise conversion.
VIRTUAL TOUR 360